On the weekend I served these Paleo-friendly Berry Brownies at our DIY Toxin-Free Cleaning Workshop. Here’s the recipe ladies, as requested! 🙂
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg at room temperature
- 3 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup frozen mixed (or fresh) berries
- 1 tbsp buckwheat kernels
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat, add coconut oil and coconut sugar and stir until the coconut oil is completely melted and mixture is shiny. Set aside to cool for just a few minutes, then transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Next add in the dry ingredients: almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and berries; stirring until smooth. The batter will be fairly thick. Spread into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle buckwheat on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes until edges are set. It’s always better to underbake your brownies so they remain fudgy. After baking, transfer to a wire rack to cool before cutting and serving.