Breakfast doesn’t get quicker or easier (or healthier!) than this. I’ve been eating up-ground veggies out my eye balls the last couple of weeks, while on my anti-candida healing nutrition plan. It’s been THE BEST! I’ve always loved my veggies any day of the year, but doing this plan has encouraged me to eat way more up-ground veggies (I was a bit in love with my starchier root veggies). And as a result I’ve been feeling great, my skin has been astonishingly clear, and finger-crossed my next GI Stool Test comes back crystal clear of pathogens 😉
Quick Green Eggs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups of mixed green veggies (spinach, kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on medium-heat.
- Add the leek and garlic to the saucepan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until leek turns translucent.
- Add greens to the saucepan and sauté until wilted/well-cooked.
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre of the greens and slowly pour in the egg so it sits in the middle. You may want to reduce the heat so that the egg cooks through.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on low heat, until the egg white has set but the yolk is runny.
- Remove from heat and serve on to plate, top with a generous pinch of salt.