I always get clients asking me, “what can I have for breakfast”…that’s not toast or cereal or just your standard bacon and eggs. This should give you a bit of break-o insp-o!
Trust me: this is delicious. You’ll want to have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner AND desert! If you’re sensitive to eggs – just leave them out. Or if you’re vegetarian, take out the meat, and add in more eggs.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
Makes: 3-4 serves
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g grass fed beef mince
- 2 cups shredded sweet potato (I do mine in my thermomix at speed 5 for 2-3 seconds)
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 eggs
- goats cheese
- Turn your oven’s grill on high.
- Preheat a skillet/frypan (that can go in your oven) over medium heat and place your coconut oil in the pan.
- Add your diced onion to the pan and stir for about 3 minutes until they start to get soft.
- Add in your garlic and continually stir for 1 minute.
- Add in your beef mince and stir for 3-4 minutes or until nice and browned.
- Add your sweet potato and saute, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until your sweet potatoes soften.
- Add your spinach to the pan and stir often until your spinach starts to wilt, which should take 2 minutes.
- Make 3 small wells around your pan and crack an egg in each well. Sprinkle goats cheese over the mixture.
- Place your pan six inches under your oven’s grill and cook to your liking. 2 minutes should get you really runny yolks, 3 minutes will almost be a solid yolk and 4 minutes will be a hard yolk.
- Remove from the oven and serve right from the pan.