This is a fresh little fritter recipe PACKED with herbs. It’s a great way to use up excess herbs in your garden. You don’t have to stick with the herbs in this recipe – just use 120g herbs total. Feel free to be creative! These fritters are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a quick snack.
Herb Fritters with Green Tahini Sauce
Makes 8 fritters to serve 4
For the Fritters
- 40g dill, finely chopped
- 40g basil leaves, finely chopped
- 40g coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 50g almond meal
- 3 tbsp cranberries
- 25g walnut halves, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 60ml olive oil, for frying
- salt, to taste
1. Place all the ingredients, apart from the oil, in a large bowl with ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix well to combine and set aside.
2. Put 2 tablespoons of oil into a large non-stick pan and place on a medium high heat. Once hot, add ladles of batter to the pan. You want each fritter to be about 12cm wide. Fry for 1–2 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden-brown. Transfer to a kitchen paper-lined plate and set aside while you continue with the remaining batter and oil.
3. Serve either warm or at room temperature, with the Green Tahini Sauce.
For the Green Tahini Sauce
- 50g tahini
- 30g baby spinach
- ½ crushed garlic clove
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- Blitz together all ingredients, except the water, for 30 seconds.
- Add in the water and blitz again for another 30 seconds.
- Pour over the Herb Fritters.