My hubby requested burgers for Father’s Day Dinner on the weekend, so I got my creative hat on and made some gluten-free flatbread to serve instead of your regular burger buns. These flatbreads are also egg-free and dairy-free, so perfect for Vegan eaters too. You could use them as ‘tacos’, fritters, savoury pancakes, or dipping bread too.
So super easy to make, with only FOUR INGREDIENTS!
Sweet Potato Flatbread
- 150g sweet potato, peeled & chopped into chunks
- 240ml coconut milk
- 80g almond flour
- 100g arrowroot starch
- Optional: pinch of salt to taste, and/or diced chives or ground cinnamon
- Boil the sweet potato for 15min or until soft. Set aside the pieces.
- Place the cooled sweet potato in a blender with the coconut milk and blend until smooth. (It should be the consistency of pancake mixture. If too runny, add more almond meal and arrowroot starch. If too thick, add more coconut milk).
- Heat olive oil or ghee in a non-stick skillet and pour ¼ cup of mixture into the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes on both sides, or until cooked through.