I’m always up for a little chia pud! These are great for breakfast, a snack or even desert. If you’re short on time in the mornings and struggle to make breakfast, these could be a great option for you as they can be made the night before, ready to have in the morning. Spoon them into jars with a lid, and you can even eat them in the car or when you get to work.
Turmeric Chia Puddings
Ingredients – Pudding
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tsp grated fresh turmeric
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup white chia seeds
- 500g coconut yogurt
- 2 medium bananas, sliced thinly
- ½ cup coconut flakes, toasted
Ingredients – Topping
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp grated fresh turmeric
- 1 passionfruit, pulp removed
Method – Pudding
- Place coconut milk, cinnamon, turmeric and ginger in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook for 5 minutes to infuse milk with spices.
- Strain milk mixture through a fine sieve over a small heatproof bowl; discard solids. Stir honey and chia seeds into hot infused milk; cover bowl with a clean tea towel. Refrigerate for 30min or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, make the turmeric and passionfruit honey topping.
- Divide ¼ of the chia pudding among small cups (or for bigger portions, 6 x 300ml jars or 1 cup glasses). Top with ¼ of the coconut yogurt. Press half the banana slices in a ring around the inside of the jar. Repeat layering with remaining chia pudding and yogurt to create 2-4 layers of each (depending on the size of your jars/cups). Top puddings with remaining banana and coconut flakes; drizzle with the turmeric and passionfruit honey topping.
Method – Topping
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer for 1 min to infuse. Cool to room temperature.