This is one of my fav grain-free crackers recipes. They are so quick and easy to make, and they taste great too. The crackers are Paleo-friendly, and ignited with oregano and basil essential oils, making them a highly nutritious snack.
Basil oil is anti-bacterial, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and can be used as a nerve and adrenal cortex stimulant and to uplift. It is particularly beneficial for the cardiovascular system and muscles and bones. Oregano is also awesome for the muscles and bones, and also for supporting the immune and respiratory system. It can even be used to kill warts.
Used in food, basil and oregano essential oil punch both a taste-bud and a health kick! An interesting thing about essential oils in food is that they help to oxygenate your blood, and thus help to deliver nutrients from the food into your cells. Pretty good reason to sprinkle a drop or few of essential oils in all your recipes!
Seed, Oregano & Basil Crackers
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup arrowroot powder
1 tsp himalayan salt
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup poppy seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg
1 drops basil oil*
1 drops oregano oil*
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix almond meal, arrowroot powder, salt and seeds together in mixing bowl. Stir together egg and oils. Add to the almond meal mixture and stir together until dry ingredients are uniformly moistened. Pat the mixture into a flat rectangle.
3. Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper on a large flat surface, and roll out with a rolling pin. Roll the dough to a shape as close to that of your baking tray as possible. Transfer the baking paper to your tray and remove top parchment.
4. Using a ruler, score the dough into cracker-sized shapes.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 12-15min, or until edges of crackers are just beginning to turn golden.
6. Store in an airtight container…unless you eat them all first!
*Always use a food-grade essential oil in your recipes. We use Young Living essential oils, because they are pure therapeutic-grade and have been created and tested to ensure each bottle has the correct proportion of chemical constituents to make them safe to use and therapeutically effective. If you’d like to try these awesome oils, contact us and we’ll help you get oily!