Happy Easter everyone! Hope you’ve all enjoyed a joyful and relaxing day with family and friends.
Here’s a yummy caffeine-free easter egg recipe, for all those who are sensitive to chocolate. I’m still working my through the reintroduction phase of my elimination diet, and have found that cacao products wired me up so that I couldn’t sleep at night. Luckily I LOVE carob, so it’s no big loss going without cacao for awhile. I’m also still zero sugar (except a little fruit), so this recipe has NO sweetener whatsoever. The tahini gives them a yummy, rich flavour – you won’t even miss the sweetness! I dare you to try them 😉
Carob Easter Eggs
*1/2 cup coconut oil
*1/4 cup tahini
*1/2 cup carob powder
*Pinch sea salt
*1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place the solid coconut oil a small saucepan over low heat. As it begins to melt, add in the tahini, whisking to incorporate.
2. Add the carob powder and whisk to dissolve any lumps.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
4. Pour into Ester Egg moulds. Reserve a small amount of the ‘chocolate’ if you plan to stick two halves of Easter Eggs together.
5. Place in the freezer to set for about 30 minutes (you can take them out now and stick half’s together with the reserved chocolate).
6. Enjoy! Chocolates must be kept either in the freezer or the fridge as they melt quickly.